Galentine’s Day is a day to celebrate friendship with your girls. Being single for several Valentine’s Day, I am beginning to embrace this day. I would be lying if I said I didn’t get a little sad when the flowers start showing up at work and the social media post start going up but after being single for so long and hating Valentine’s Day it is time to turn over a new leaf and Galentine’s Day is perfect.
Being single can be hard around this holiday (if you don’t want to be single) so it’s nice to have a day to celebrate with friends and going out on a work night means you will be pooped the next day so you won’t have to worry about what everyone is doing on Valentine’s Day because you’ll be sleeping. LOL!
Today, I want to share a few ways you can celebrate with your girls:
· Create a Galentine Day goody bag! The bag can include wine, chocolate, face mask, a gift card, etc.
· Go have a nice dinner.
· Have a facial or massage or both.
· Have a potluck dinner and watch Rom-coms.
· Indulge in lots of sweet treats. Calories do not count on Galentine’s Day
· Have a brainstorm or a vision board session. Have you, or your bestie been thinking about starting a part-time hustle, a company or even a new book? In this session hype each other up and share all the reasons why y’all should just do it.
· Send each other uplifting female-empowering songs all day. Ex. Run the World by Beyoncé, Beautiful by Christina Aguilera or Good as Hell by Lizzo to name a few.
These are just a few things feel free to add to my list.
On February 13th grab your girls and celebrate your friendship and all the amazing things you all are doing.
Are you planning to celebrate Galentine’s Day? If so, what’s your plan?
Happy Galentine’s Day,